Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Paper Bag Popcorn

Seriously I feel dumb for not knowing this sooner.  Did you can skip out on the extra chemicals and save a few bucks by making your own microwave popcorn?  At least now you are learning from a friend.  I had to learn from this pin.

All you need is
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels (I prefer white kernels)
- brown paper lunch bag
- your favorite popcorn toppings

Ok, now this is really hard to follow.

First you measure out 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels


Then you dump them into a brown paper lunch bag. Now you put the bag in the microwave and hit the popcorn butter.  We are almost there...


Once there is about 3 seconds between each pop, it is time to take it out.  The bag will most likely tipped over.
  
Then you simply add your favorite popcorn toppings.  Instead of fatty butter (ok, I will admit that I have a bottle of that buttery popcorn oil that I break out in emergency situations that require a little more comfort) I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.  Sometimes I add reduced fat parmesan cheese with garlic salt or taco seasoning.  Really it is up to you and your taste.

So I lied.  This was extremely easy to follow.  Hopefully you forgive me once you realize how awesome this new trick is.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...