Saturday, January 28, 2012

Upcycled Stella & Dot Box


I don't know about you but anytime I come home to find a package with my name on it excitement takes over as if I am a twelve-year-old girl at a Justin Bieber concert. Even when I place an online order and know exactly what it is, I am still overjoyed.  Now if you have ever ordered from Stella & Dot you know that they make sure that excitement continues as you slowly unwrap your beautiful new jewelry.  They know how to do it right.

On my long list of hobbies, one of my favorites is being a Stella & Dot stylist.  This means that I have received MANY packages from them, most of them being jewelry I earned for free.  Anyways, that leaves me with a bunch of boxes that I cannot get myself to throw away because they look like this:
Adorable, right? So when I was reorganizing my closet, I realized that I had a lot of washcloths that I wanted to store neatly.  Being on budget I did not want to go buy more organizational containers so I started walking around my home in search of something to hold the washcloths.  Then I stumbled upon my Stella & Dot boxes and decided to finally put them to use.

First I sliced off the top flaps with a razor blade.
Then carefully pulled apart the flaps that were glued together and unfolded.
Then I re-assembled it but in reverse so the pretty pattern was on the outside.  I hot glued the flaps together so it would hold shape.  Then I added some ribbon (found at the dollar store that matched perfectly!) to the top to make clean, prettier edges.

One of the boxes experienced a tougher journey to my doorstep so I trimmed it down a bit to get rid of the damaged corners.  That is why there are two sizes pictured here.  Not too shabby for using less than one dollar's worth of ribbon.  Another reason to love Stella & Dot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...